Beech Hyde Farm

The 20th century wing
The farm entrance

This could be one of the oldest farmhouses in in the area. It was an aisled hall type from about the 14th or 15th century. The smoke from an open hall drifted up to the roof. It now appears as a pair of houses with a 16th century timber frame extended away from the road with a gabled mid 17th century wing. It was extended again in the 18th and 20th century. There is a 16th century ridge chimney stack and a roof line which is higher to left and right. The 17th century wing has a wide three light casement. In the 1851 census it is described as having between 61 and 88 acres.

Leave a comment

Charity Information

Chair : Ian Caldwell
Treasurer : Teresa Finnigan
Secretary : Russell Thomas

Latest News

As you may be aware St Georges are consulting on changing their admissions criteria to no longer allocating 20% of available places to the villages. Read More