Cherry Tree Farm
There were two Cherry Tree farms - Upper and Lower. The growing of cherries became commercial in the 18th century and in this area. ‘Cherycroftyeld’ is recorded in the late 16th century. In 1841 the farm had 139 acres, but in the 1851 Census it must have combined with another farm as it is entered as 319 acres.
In 1908, there was much discussion in the village about the siting of an isolation hospital. In 1909, Mr Dunn at Cherry Trees Farm gave land for the isolation hospital as long as no smallpox patients were 'brought through the High Street, across the common, or via church end'. Miss E.M Banner was the first matron. It was sold as a private residence in 1952 by the Ministry of Health.