Common Road The Cricketers Pub (The Three Horseshoes)
This seems to have become a public house in the 1820’s, when it was owned by Francis Carter Searancke of Hatfield and run by Thomas Scrivener. By the 1840’s, James Smith lived there and it was described as a cottage, not until 1861 was it noted as a pub – the Three Horseshoes Beerhouse. Between 1871 and 1891, George Thorogood was the beer seller and brewer at the ‘Cricketers’. It seems that his daughter, Mrs Lizzie Jane Hornby was licensee until 1922. It was bought by Benskins in 1924 ( became Ind Coope Ltd in 1957) and ceased to be a free house until in 1992 when it became a free house again.
It was the meeting place for the local Hunt in the 1970’s.