The farmhouse has a 17th century timber frame bit was encased in brick in about 1830. The roof consists of plain tiles and the brick eaves are dentilled. The house is two storeys with three windows. On the upper floor these are rather unusual long Yorkshire casements with small glazing bar panes. On the ground floor, the window openings are broad with brick lintels. There is an early chimney stack. During the 19th century a half bay extension to the north-west end of the house was added. In the 1851 Census it was noted as having 100 acres.
It is possible to find the names of some of those who lived at the farm. One Walter Finch (alive 1553). His son Nicholas (1505-1585) married to Elizabeth Cressy took over the farm in 1545. He had 2 sons and 4 daughters. It is now a centre for the teaching of construction skills.