Hemel Hempstead Road Stathams
Opposite the church on the Hemel Road was Statham’s. The 1935 photo above was taken when the Brooke family ran the business. Later the was the premises were converted to be used as a garage.
Close to Statham's on the Hemel Hempstead Road there was a brush factory. Little is known about it but it was believed to be in business from 1899 until 1915. It was first known as Henry Rose and Sons and then became Brushes Ltd.