High St. Cottages 91 – 97
Cottages on Left in 1930's
The cottages are 19th century. There was a shop on the corner and in the 1930’s it was owned by the Halsey family and after the war, the Beesley family ran it. Notice that the road ran right to the narrow pavement and in December 1948 a lorry ran into the front of the building causing much damage, but no loss of life. The corner has now been altered with the addition of flower beds and the road junction moved.