High St. No.18
This house was built of brick in the late 19th century as an extension. It has a plain tile roof and five windows on the frontage with dentilled brick eaves and sashes with flat gauged lintels. There is a wide double door in the centre. Originally the houses continued along Fish Street. The shop was a grocery and provision store and has seen a number of accidents especially with brick lorries taking bricks from the Bedfordshire brick fields. One such accident occurred in 1950 and police from the nearby police station were quickly on the scene. It is now a café.