High St. No. 27
This two storey house and shop has a 17thcentury timber frame and an early 19th century brick façade. The timber framing is clearly seen on the side elevation. There is a lower 17th century back extension. A 19th century stable block is connected to the main building. It has served as a grocer’s shop since the beginning of the 20th century, in the 1930’s being run by Mr. Blunt, the village scout master.