High St. No.66
This was a shop in its own right, next to the Queen Victoria pub. In 1905, when the following picture was taken, it was Mrs. Ford’s grocery shop and she can be seen standing outside it wearing a white apron. Her daughter Violet ran the store in the 1930’s. Part of the shop is now incorporated into the Co-Op, while upstairs remains a private house.