High St. Nos. 90 & 92
Number 90 and 92 are part of a terrace. They are early 19th century with a timber frame and plaster. The roof is slate. No 92 was once two dwellings as the earlier picture below shows, with two front doors. These are of an interesting construction of a shallow arched recess with six fielded panels and reeded architraves.
Early pictures (1905) show that the left hand house was the premises of Thoroughgood’s the undertakers. He used a horse drawn, glass sided hearse. By the 1930’s there was a grocer’s shop here run by Mr. Whittaker.