Luton Lane Features
This is now a no through road, with no way out onto the by-pass. Originally it was one of the main routes out of the village – it ran through to Kinsbourne Green and to the Lower Luton Road. It had, on the left hand side a large nursery come horticultural area. Some remnants of the original house could still be seen - a lone chimney stack. The brick built water tower still exists but is now on the far side of the main road (by-pass). Later, the area was bought by a house builder and they used it as a dumping area, filling in the land and leaving just the big iron gates as a reminder.
On the right hand side walking eastwards, there is a 1920’s house with a large garden