The origin of the farm could be in the amalgamation of strips in the ‘Lye’ common field. It could be linked to one Hugh at Lee around 1524.
This was one of a group of farms run by John Hawkins in the mid 19th century. In the 1851 census it had about 350 acres. The photo above shows the Lybury Cottages which appear to have been built in the late 18th century but are not on the listed buildings record for the village. The original farm building does not appear to exist any more.
Just across the road are the ‘Dell Farm’ Cottages(below).