Nicholl's farmhouse was constructed in the early 16th century and extended in the 17th and again in 1844. It is made of red brick in a chequered pattern and has a plain tile roof. The house has two storeys, an attic and a cellar. The gable end on the right has a blank attic window and the beams are chamfered with a large inglenook fireplace.
The single storey extension on the southern side is 17th century has an internal end chimney stack. The farm itself could date back to 1291 as this is when William, son of Nicholas, is referred to in the Lay Subsidy List for the parish church. It was one of the biggest farms in the area, in 1851 it was part of the John Hawkins group of farms and was about 350 acres in size. It was bisected by the M1. There are two important and historic areas of woodland that remain that are associated with the farm, Rabbitfield Spring and the remains of Nichols Great Wood.