North Common No. 24 Formerly the Greyhound Inn
According to the 1851 census it would appear that there was a beer house here linked to William Hunt. Other keepers include 1871- Mary Hopcroft, 1881 –John Sharpe, 1891 to 1901 – William Fenn, 1903-1913 –James Keyte. However, around this time the house appears to have reverted to private ownership.
The photo shows the original Wesleyan Chapel. It was opened in 1836 and built for £180 on land bought for £20.The congregation grew steadily until it numbered 70 in 1845 and by 1851 attendance stood at between 90 and 150. The chapel was sold for £100 in 1876 and the funds went to the building of a larger and more modern chapel.