North Common Nos. 28-31
The earlier view of the common (around 1910) below shows horses grazing and washing lines. The above houses can be seen second and third from the right. The row of terraced houses on the right have disappeared. They were homes to the Guerney and Day families in the inter-war years.
The current owners bought No.31 in 1990. They were told there were once 3 more cottages in the garden, but they were pleased to see this picture confirming what they had been told about the additional cottages. There is a well in what is now the garden of 31 which would have been roughly in the middle and behind the row of 3. It now takes roof drainage from 31.