North Common Woollams
John Woollam donated a field - The Braiche - for his workers to use as allotments and the rents were given to the poor. When his son William died, his widow Mary, paid for the alms houses to be built. They were completed in 1926. There are four original houses with more modern bungalows now built on the old allotment land behind them.