St Albans Road The Elms
This red brick house was built around 1800. The sale details in 1823 refer to it as ‘Elm Cottage’ and it was described as being ‘a neat brick built dwelling house, having four best bedrooms and four secondary. ‘There is mention also of outbuildings, garden, orchard, with meadows and land totalling 25 acres. It was purchased by Thomas Pugh, Curate of Flamstead church but he is noted as being Curate at Redbourn between 1813 and 1824. The house has a plain tile hipped roof, and has two storeys as well as attics. There are three sash windows with moulded flush frames with gauged brick lintels. The front door is central within an arched recess with a fielded door panel. The pilasters are wooden. Above the door is an arched sash single sash with pointed top panes. The eaves are dentilled brick.